The following are some of observation by field supervisors regarding KINTU students in various organizations;
- Ability to understand contract management and negotiation at work place;
- His personality is that of a team leader because of some aspects of influence exhibited.
- He was respectful to others and good at communicating obstacles and challenges to supervisors where he got offer of good solution in time.
- Decision making and acceptance of criticism requires improvement
- That he needs to improve upon confidentiality and accuracy of information
- In order to be more effective in service delivery ethics and time management is paramount
- The students was able to transform theory learnt in class room into practical skills
- The department benefited from him through assignment completed with minimum supervision
- The University should put more emphasis on ethics and transfer of knowledge on students
The Faculty offered career guidance to four secondary schools in Kiboga District which include:
- Kiboga Progressive Secondary School,
- Savior High School,
- Uganda Martyrs Senior Secondary School and
- St. Mary’s Secondary School
The objectives of Career Guidance were to;
- Help students to know the future academic course of direction
- Introduction of academic opportunities to students and teachers
- Marketing Kayiwa International University
- ob creation/seeking re-orientation
- Help students understand life after Secondary Schools
While on a visit to Kiboga secondary schools, the faculty staff conducted a research with teachers on the theme: The value of business education, and we are in process of analyzing the results One of the lecturers Mr. David Buyongo also carried out a study together with research students’ entitled the effect of taxation on performance of Small Medium Enterprises. The results is still undergoing analysis
Comments from observers
- Thanked the dean FBMIT and the AR for the good venture which is improving student’s communication skills and being different from other students from other institutions because he has never seen it happen in other universities.
- And he discovered that that’s why our students do very well in their defense (research)
- He advised students that research goes with current information so they should find out better researchers who have up-to-date information
- Urged them to go straight to the point if its field work then they should say for example when I went to the field I found out that most of the businesses where not using the accounting convention for the members not to go off track.
- Compared to other students KINTU students are the best. Urged the A.R to invite someone to teach our students research.
Mr. RICHARD NTALUMBWA-LECTURER
- He thanked the students for the wonderful work but warned them not to fall in love with their work because everything is subject to improvement.
- Further advised them not to think that every word on internet is research should look for good researchers.
- Urged them not to cram instead put what they have learnt in practice. That is why some of them where irrelevant.
- Before Monetary value years back we had barter trade now things are changing we are going back to barter trade.
- Concluded by advising them not to lose hope they should keep pushing for better results.
REMARKS FROM ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
- Expressed happiness for what was happening
- Advised students to learn how to do research and to avoid quoting newspapers as sometimes exaggerate so not reliable.
- Congratulated every one for the good exercise
- Noted everyone is knowledgeable so if students are supposed advise community based on research findings.